Friday, January 30, 2009

RETURNING HOME

The time has come to return back to the grind in the USA. My time in Nepal has been short in someways and long in others. Being here for a couple weeks this year compared to a couple of months last year made it all feel so rushed. Nepal is such an amazing place and I would love to be able to spend much more time here.

On the other hand several of my friends in Nepal commented that I seemed different this trip. Not as relaxed, more anxious and not as at home as I was last year. And I think they are probably right. I have been feeling this incessant restlessness over the past six months. I have thought a lot about a change of scenery in my life. Maybe moving out of state, maybe out of the country, I don't know. I am not even sure what the genesis of the restlessness is....I thought that returning to Nepal would help define it or maybe cure it...but I felt it as strong in Nepal as I have been at home. I think that is what my friends were picking up on. As excited as I was to be in Nepal, I was feeling ready to move one. I will always return to Nepal. It is my home away from home and the place where I can always readjust my compass.

The next two days will be spent saying goodbyes that come just days after saying hello. I have not even left yet and I am already looking forward to my return...when ever that might be.

No comments: