Wednesday, January 21, 2009

TRAVELING THROUGH NEPAL - DAY 4

The next morning Ramesh, Lynn, Krishna(the driver) and I spent the morning walking around Bharatpur. Sam was back at the hospital with Bishnu and Dr. Harish looking over their new equipment. Sam is a retired bioengineer who now volunteers at a hospital here in Kathmandu. He and Lynn live here 6 months of the year and in the USA the other 6 months. They started a nonprofit here called Nepal Hope. I have spoken of Nepal Hope many times before…..so I won’t go into a lot of detail. Sam is going to volunteer his time to help Dr. Harish get the equipment in the new hospital set up and running.

As we walked through town we just window shopped, tried different foods being sold on the street and bought a few items for Krishna our driver. As we walked down one back street there were three boys playing Cricket. I watched for a few minutes and was as confused as ever about the rules of the game. I guess I will go to Wikipedia and try to figure it out. I took a few pictures (I posted one below) and loved to intensity on their faces as they played this confusing (to me anyway) game.

The ride back to Kathmandu was uneventful…..again just hours longer than it should be. Even though the day was laid back, I was exhausted and quickly made my way up to the bedroom where I was staying at the Tophams. Their hospitality has been above and beyond, and not just on this trip, but all others as well.

No comments: