Monday, November 5, 2007

Off to Chitwan

I got a call last night and I am to leave Kathmandu this morning to head to the Chitwan area of Nepal to meet with Dr. Harish. It is about a 5 hour trip on bus, and where that is not to appealing, I am looking forward to getting out of Kathmandu. A week here is a long time. The Thamel area of Kathmandu is very crowded, full of street merchants, and street beggars. Some time away from all this will do my soul good. Chitwan is a jungle area and has amazing animals like elephants, rhinos, tigers, etc. I don’t know if I will have the opportunity to go on tour to see these animals, but I have never been to this part of Nepal and I am excited to go.

I do not know if I will have internet there, so am not certain if I will have the opportunity to write in the blog…but I will try. I have a lot to write about so when I get the chance, there will be a long entry.

No comments: