Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hitting the Road

I leave tomorrow to first head to Badagaun, then to Pasachaur and then to visit Bharat and his family. Badagaun is the village that Santos is from. I told him when we were in Pokhara that I would come and visit him and his village. I have wanted to see the school that we worked on years ago. Kiran and I will go there first and spend the night and then move on to Pasachaur. That is the village that the women from the choice expedition and I spent time in. We will check on the progress of the school there and spend time with the villagers. On Friday I will meet up with the Tophams and Ramesh in Dumre to head back to visit Bharat. There is a missionary here in Kathmandu who is a physical therapist. He is coming with us to evaluate Bharat and to teach him and his family some exercises to help him regain his upper body strength. I will write more when I return on Saturday.

No comments: