Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Same, Same…but Different

This has become my favorite saying that they have here in Nepal. I hear it all the time and in the craziest situations. Last night I went to a restaurant and ordered a hot lemon with honey. When my drink arrived it was a hot ginger with honey. When I asked the waiter about it he said “same, same” then paused a few seconds and then in a softer voice said “but different” and walked away. They have t-shirts here with that saying on it…and I love it. It really is indicative of their kick back, easy going way of life. Most times the people here don’t get worked up over the small stuff (well except for that last driver who tried to kill us), and it is refreshing. On the other hand, a lot of time not much attention is paid to the details and that can be frustrating. So remember…no matter how similar…..or dissimilar two or more things are……same, same…but different.

No comments: