Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Recovering in Kathmandu

It was really nice to have the ladies from the expedition and Eric Woodruff here in Nepal, but at the same time it was really nice to just be able to do what I wanted yesterday. I spent the morning reading, I met some friends for lunch, then I went to the zoo in the afternoon….I figured since I didn’t see any wild animals in Chitwan…I would see them here. I spent the afternoon working on stuff for the hospital.

For dinner I decided to go to a little café I have passed many times down the street from the hotel. (Café Mitra) It was a nice little restaurant, but pricy to say the least. I think dinner was about $15.00…which would be what I would typically pay for 3 or 4 meals. The food was amazing…I had tiger prawns and pasta. A nice change from Dal bhat….. which I have eaten quite a bit of lately. Dal bhat consists of rice and a lentil soup and then there is typically some spinach and a curry of some sort. On occasion you will get some sort of a meat whether it be chicken, fish or buffalo (more of a water buffalo… not the American type….since Nepal is/was a Hindu state…..cows are considered sacred and not generally eaten. If you go to a fancier restaurant you might just find beef that was imported from another country)

No comments: