Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Unofficial job offer

While in Chitwan this past week, Eric and I were able to spend a considerable amount of time with Dr. Harish and others who are involved in the hospital project. We also were able to tour the construction site of the hospital. It is amazing the amount of work that they have gotten done in the short three weeks since I was there last. Their goal is to have the first two floors of the hospital completed by August 2008. They then hope to finish the upper two floors by September 2009. While at dinner one night with Dr. Harish, his family, and Bishnu…… Dr. Harish mentioned that they would like to hire me to be the administrator over the hospital. He went on to say that he envisioned it being at least a 4 year position.

There is a huge part of me that would like to stay and be part of this amazing project….but like I have mentioned before there are many reasons to go home and get back into life there. I went to PA school because I love practicing medicine, and I doubt there will be much time or opportunity for me to do so if I took that position. I guess I have a lot to think about over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

joand'art said...

I am and will pray that perfect right action prevails. We know it is.

Love, A J